Sunday, February 12, 2012

Founding Father's 5K



With a few of the other recruits I ran the Washington's Birthday Celebration Association 5k on Saturday. He's kind of a big deal down here - they celebrate his birthday for over a month! I clocked the 5.76k in at 28:50. Each kilometer yielded another new ache. First it was my ankle, then my shin, knee, calves and hips. It was fun though, I think I'd do it again.

More importantly, for the $10 registration fee I got about $400 (est.) worth of free healthcare. I had my eyes tested for glaucoma (clear), an eye exam (20/20), a respiratory test (better than the expected average for my age), and a blood test for cholesterol, glucose and PSA.

Not to mention all the ants on a log I could eat, bananas, yogurt, water and healthy (yucky) cookies. All and all, it was well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment